The DiamondIT Team Members
- Established 1997
- Birthplace: Bakersfield, CA
- Family: 3 daughters and 1 son
- Favorite Music: ‘80s Heavy Metal
- Alternate Career Option: He has been told often that he should be a radio announcer or voiceover actor.
- Favorite Hero: Evil Knievel
Matt Mayo, CEO
As DiamondIT’s CEO, Matt is responsible for the vision, strategy and overseeing of the day to day operations of the company. He is a forward thinking entrepreneur who believes in being the very best at what he does, while also never taking himself too seriously. After 20 years in the technology field, 10 years of which running Diamond, Matt still famously quotes Confucius, “I do what I love therefore I never work a day in my life.” All of the employees at Diamond will attest to the fact that Matt is a great leader because he is very approachable and his passion for Diamond is contagious! He brings a level of expertise in sales to our team to which he enthusiastically teaches us all. His main focuses are in relationship building and good old fashioned customer service. Matt is a high-energy individual, both at work and away. His hobbies include fishing, dirt-track auto racing, and he is currently working on getting his pilot’s license. He is proud to have built up a company that prides itself on providing personalized service, uncompromised quality, highly innovative tech, and finding real solutions to our clients’ real problems.
- Established 2005
- Education: – BS in IT Management, National University – AS Network Administration, DeVry
- Certifications: – Microsoft Sales Expert – Citrix Sales Professional – Cisco Sales Expert
- Special Achievements: – Black Belt in Kung Fu – 34 years of parenting and he’s still alive!
- He wants to be remembered for: Being a part of growing this company
- Passion: His family, especially his grandchildren
- Mike, on technology: “It can be technical and it can be scary for people, I think that’s what I’m best at. Helping them understand what tech is, how it’s going to benefit them, the processes involved and helping them through that.”
Mike Leftwich, Vice President
Since high school, Mike Leftwich has been fascinated by the technology field. After receiving his AA in Network Administration, Mike desired to know more. He then went on to receive his BS in IT Management. Now, as DiamondIT’s Vice President and Co-Founder, Mike oversees customer service relations, sales and project management. He brings over 33 years’ experience in the IT industry and has enjoyed watching Diamond grow from a couple of employees to over 30 in the last couple years alone! Mike thrives on introducing IT related solutions that are fully customized to address each client’s needs. He is very supportive of the DiamondIT team and loves to assist them in making sure that we exceed our client’s expectations. Mike enjoys fostering new client relationships while helping them advance their tech and avoid costly missteps. Mike is a positive person who enjoys meeting new people and much like his hero Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon, he loves to study martial arts in his free time. He also loves to read and spend time with his family.
Laura Nunamaker, Controller
After 9 years with DiamondIT, Laura is still fascinated and excited about the technology field. She wears many hats in our office, but ultimately she works closely with our President/CEO to continue to move the company forward and expand our growth. Laura finds it very rewarding to work in the family-like environment that is DiamondIT, and is always very motivated to do whatever it takes to assist the employees with anything they may need.
- Established 2017
- Birthplace: – Bakersfield, CA
- Education: – AS, Business Administration, Bakersfield College
- Passion: My wife says I have too many hobbies! However, I have one true passion. Ice Hockey. I have been playing every week for over 20 years
- Volunteer Activity: – Ice Hockey Coach, Lacrosse Coach, Ronald McDonald House
Chad Carpenter, Account Manager
Chad started his career in the technology field 16 years ago with Ricoh Business Systems where he sold copiers, printers and network devices. Chad has 13 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry. He first started with a regional Cable Provider. When he first started in the industry 3Mbps download was the maximum speed. These days clients are demanding Gigabites. After 7 years he moved onto the carrier side with a National telecom provider. He gained valuable knowledge in all facets of the telcom field. During these years Chad dedicated himself to the customer experience. Chad understands that it takes a team to build lasting relationships with clients. With the help of technicians, managers, the dispatch team, billing department, we strive to work together to deliver quality and personalized technology solutions.
- Established 2017
- Birthplace: –
- Education: – AS; Computer Systems Administration, Masters Institute
- Certifications: U.S. DoHS 100W & 210W for Control Systems, Wonderware App Server & InTouch for Sys. Platform 2014, MCSE, CCNA, etc
- Passion: Muscle cars & antique wooden sailing yachts
- Inspiration: – His father, his mother, & his 2 sons
Alexander Claytor, Sales Engineer
Alexander has 17 years management & 19 years IT experience. His expertise is in Enterprise level IT infrastructure with the past several years doing Industrial IT systems (ICS/SCADA) architecture & security. Alex has owned multiple businesses, worked for some of the largest corporations in the world, as a contractor for the federal government & various municipalities, but is most at home doing R&D & being out in the field supervising deployment & commissioning of infrastructure. He has coded websites, owned an online automotive business, been a network & systems administrator, an IT Manager, owned his own IT consulting business, & an IT Director. While most of his work experience has been in the United States, he has spent a few years working overseas & has been a resident of the US since beginning University. He also visited the US several times while growing up. His previous work experience is extremely diverse having begun in broadcast engineering, the U.S. Forest Service, direct sales, retail management, & even a professional sailor. He holds quad citizenship, travels often, & his primary residence is overseas. He hopes to retire in 10-15 years to sail around the world for a dozen or so years before settling back down on the island of his birth.
- Established 2014
- Education: – A.A. Accounting – A.A. Computer Science
- Certifications/Passion: – Certificate in Web Design and Programming
- Fun Facts: Kim hates answering questions about herself!
- Can’t Stop Talking About: “My fantastic hope for the future!”
- Favorite Movie: The Family Man
- Wishes To Be Remembered For: “Loving my children with all my heart and treating my friends with kindness.”
Kim Board, Accounting Clerk
Kim Board received her AA in Computer Science and AA in Accounting in 2010, and followed that up with a Certification in Web Design and Programming. As Diamond’s Accounting Clerk, Kim is tasked with managing our company’s finances, and troubleshooting any potential or actual billing issues our customers might experience. Besides her fascination and desire to crunch numbers, she also helps guide the companies purchasing operations by ensuring that sales personnel and customers get the equipment they need quickly and efficiently. Kim enjoys managing all of the shipping processes and product movement coming in and out of Diamond because she takes pride in helping to serve our clients and ensure that they all have a positive experience. She echoes Matt Mayo in saying, “If you love your job then you don’t have to work a day in your life,” and could not be happier here. Kim loves to solve problems, help change processes to make them more streamlined and with that, she gets to learn new things while helping to make Diamond successful.
- Established 2014
- Qualifications and Certifications: – VoIP Strategic Planner – Mitel Business Solution Professional – Cisco Business Solution Professional – Telco Audits – Network Assessments – Disaster Recovery Solutions – WiFi Solution Professional
- Special Achievements: – Being a Mother of 4 – She proudly helped plan and build her family’s outdoor BBQ
- Fun/Quirky Facts: Cory is known to have sayings called “Cory-isms.” She never gets them right.
- Zumba: She’s the world’s worst dancer
- She wants to be remembered for: Her integrity, loyalty and passion to help others.
- Passion: Is to be the best role model to my children by showing them that hard work and dedication will help you to achieve your goals.
- Special thanks: To her best friend, who happens to be her husband, with his support and understanding of her career.
Cory Ferguson, Business Development Manager (BDM)
As Diamond’s BDM, Cory Ferguson is acknowledged for her well-defined understanding of the business technology interface and capacity to identify and align clients’ emerging technology needs with the correct products and services. With a successful and diverse background spanning technical, operational management, service delivery, project management, and business-development disciplines, she underscores expertise in engaging decision makers and devising strategic business plans and solutions that deliver results. As with all of the Diamond team, Cory understands that part of building lasting relationships come from our desire to deliver uncompromised quality with personalized, cutting edge technology solutions to fit the clients ever changing needs. Cory’s creative mind allows her to see the “big picture” and is described as forward thinking and future oriented. The word “can’t” is not in her vocabulary. As a veteran of over 20 years in technology, her problem solving skills help to simplify technology to make it intuitive and successful in bringing solutions that improve the bottom line. When Cory is asked how she benefits Diamond clients, she states, “By delivering highly-personalized service with our customized solutions, I help build lasting relationships with our customers, establishing a key partnership for their technology journey.” She also values the many personalities and integrity of the people she works with because she says it is what inspires her.
- Established 2014
- Education: BA of Arts – Organizational Communications with a minor in Recreational Administration, Cal State Chico 2007
- Volunteer Activities: – Camp K.E.E.P Counselor – Works in animal shelters – Boys and Girls Club – Donates blood regularly
- Interesting fact: She received her cosmetology license in 2010
- Her daydreams: She often daydreams of dancing while she listens to music!
- Hobbies: Sports of any kind because she enjoys the outdoors
- Bucket List: Traveling to different countries to learn the history and view the architecture.
- Inspiration: Seeing others overcome tough situations
Jessica Romera, Operations Coordinator
As DiamondIT’s Operations Coordinator, Jessica’s, primary role is to oversee the day-to-day operations of our internal project management to ensure that our internal processes are streamlined and well organized. Originally from the Central Coast, Jessica received her BA in Organizational Communications with a minor in Recreational Administration from Cal State Chico University in 2007. Jessica loves being organized and perfecting processes. Knowing that there is always more efficient ways to go about office procedures and documenting these processes motivates her. Jessica has a knack for increasing the efficiency of internal support processes which overall improves our customers’ experience. She’s always excited to be able to come in everyday and work with a team-oriented group of people whose laughter and spirit make it, in her words, an uplifting place to work. “It’s a work hard, play hard environment”, as she says. She knows a thing or two about work and play- outside of the office she is an athlete at heart and watch out because Jess is competitive in all she does.
- Established 2007
- Education: – San Joaquin Valley College
- Hobbies: – Graphic designing, Sci-fi books
- Favorite Way to Spend Time: – With son, Ethan
- Secret Quirks: – Wild about video games
- Favorite Movie: – Conan the Barbarian
- Bucket List: – Getting a tattoo
Chris Pereira, Sr. Support Engineer
Chris has over 15 years’ technology experience, and 8 of those years are with DiamondIT. A graduate of San Joaquin Valley College, Chris has been a programmer for six years. He chose the technology field because he loves that there are always new things to learn as technology changes. Chris enjoys a challenge, and when an issue presents itself, he finds that the most satisfying part of the resolution “seeing the satisfaction on the customer’s face after fixing their issues.”
- Established 2006
- Education: AA in Political Science, Bakersfield College
- Certifications: – CCNA – CCNA Wireless – CCENT – MCSA – MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician – MCDST – MCP
- Hobbies: He collects gold and brews his own beer
- Hidden Talent: Jeremy is an excellent marksman!
- Musical Talent: None, Jeremy got excused in school from music class for not being able to play a recorder.
- Jeremy’s Inspiration: “My family, my wife and my son. My son inspires me to do better and be more every day.”
Jeremy Meighan, Lead vCTO
Jeremy Meighan, a veteran of DiamondIT, has well over a decade of experience combined with numerous certifications in the tech industry. Jeremy is responsible for being a top-level escalation resource, co-managing the day-to-day operations of the Service Department, and he plays a key role in developing and supporting the company’s rapidly growing technology infrastructure. He also works closely with the sales group to provide pre-sales engineering and guidance for all products in Diamond’s portfolio. Jeremy works directly with Diamond’s on-premises customers to understand their business objectives and customize solutions to meet their needs. His ongoing work evolving and optimizing Diamond’s own data centers has allowed Diamond to offer its cloud computing customers the most cutting-edge, enterprise-class technologies available on the market. With Jeremy’s wealth of experience and expertise, it could lead outsiders to believe he’s seen all there is to see, but Jeremy knows that is impossible in this industry. That’s what he does for Diamond–he solves problems and thrives on providing our client’s with the best possible customer service experience. Jeremy is knowledgeable and charismatic, and uses those traits to make sure that our clients are satisfied.
- Established 2005
- Certifications: – CCNA Security, CCAA, VCP, MSITP, MCSE
- Volunteer Activities: – At church
- Quirky Hobby: – Enjoys prank calling (but not at work!)
- Wants to Be Remembered As: – “A faithful, caring person who loves his family.”
Paul Limpias, Sr. Systems Engineer
Paul has over 15 years’ experience in the technological field. He takes great pride in being a straightforward, analytical man who can take a problem and always find a solution. As a Senior Systems Engineer, this analytical nature provides excellent service to our clients, making sure our system is always working for them. Paul loves spending time with his family, when he’s not at work.
- Established 2015
- Education: – Associate of Science in IT Networking
- Favorite Music: – Tydi
- Volunteer Activity: – Extra Life. I think it’s great to do something people love–playing video games–for charities
- Quirky Fact: – Family on Asian side are named alphabetically from oldest to youngest
- Inspiration: – A combination of dad’s advice and my daughter
- Bucket List: – Go to Scotland
Phillip Watkins, Senior Support Engineer
Phillip has over 8 years of experience in the technology field, after earning an Associate of Science in IT Networking. Phillip states that the advancements being made in all aspects of technology are interesting, spectacular, and terrifying! Phillip is very clever and strives to take proactive steps to maximize our clients’ uptime, instead of being reactive with troubleshooting only after equipment breaks.
- Established 2008
- Certifications: – Cisco Certified Network Professional – VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization (on vSphere 5) – MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server® 2008 – Cisco Firewall Security Specialist – HP Accredited Systems Engineer: Procurve Campus LANs – MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2010 – Citrix Certified Administrator: XenApp”
- Awards: – Numerous Brazilian Juijitsu championships
- Hidden Talents: – Prodigious memory, types 95 words a minute, plays guitar, drums, and bass
- Not Hidden Fact: – Total dork and okay with that–loves fantasy and sci-fi
- Favorite Author: – Brandon Sanderson
- Goal: – Watching my four girls grow into older human beings. Giving them the opportunities to develop who they are. It’s the most responsible thing I’ve done with my life.
Steve Davis, Network Engineer
Steve has been with DiamondIT since 2008. He is a Cisco Certified Network Professional, a VMware Certified Professional in Datacenter Virtualization, an MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server, a Cisco Firewall Security Specialist, an HP Accredited Systems Engineer (Procurve Campus LANs, and a Citrix Certified Administrator (XenApp). Steve is driven and motivated–saying he wants to “never be complacent with my knowledge.” The need to continuously learn in this ever-changing industry is what drives Steve, who describes his job as doing “whatever it takes to provide excellent service to our customers.” Having been with DiamondIT for 7 years and in the tech industry for 17, Steve enjoys working with an amazing group of people where there is never a dull moment. Life is exciting outside of the office for Steve as well, where he loves spending time with his family, in addition to training and competing in MMA and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Established 2014
- Passion: – Technology
- Hobbies: – Anything outdoors: camping, hunting, off-roading
- Favorite Music: – Everything. 90s, Nirvana, Linkin Park: as long as it has a beat
- On the Bucket List: – Get a brand new diesel Grand Cherokee, travel around the world
- Wants to be remembered as: – “a guy who hasn’t worked a day in his life, because I love what I do.”
Zachary Hilbish, Sr. Support Engineer
Since 2014, Zachary has brought a positive attitude to the DiamondIT team. He loves everything about the technology field, and continues to work hard to continue to grow in his position. As a Network Technician, Zachary is charged with making sure that everything is running smoothly and easily for our clients. He is always willing to lend a hand and jump in wherever his team needs him.
- Established: 2016
- Hidden Talent: I can fold a fitted sheet!
Matt Ames, System Engineer
Matt has 15 years of technology experience and customer service support. His experience spans across a diverse range of technology including workstation configuration, server management, software development, and software quality assurance. This experience includes many OSes such as MacOS, multiple distros of Linux, and Windows. When Matt is not working, he enjoys long strolls in the wilderness.
- Established: 2015
- Certifications: – Network+ – Security+
- Awards: – Combat Infantry Badge – Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Passion: “Nerding out with my wife over everything from board games to computers”
- Ways to Have Fun: Fishing, and retelling outrageous adventures that are only partly true
- Quirky fact: Jumped out of 20 planes and 3 helicopters
- Wants to Be Rememberd For: That I always left things better than they were in life
Cody Cooper, Service Supervisor
As the Service Supervisor, Cody is an invaluable member of the DiamondIT team. He is responsible for all first and second level service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Before coming to Diamond in 2015, Cody started his career in the IT field while serving in the United States Military. It was during his tour in Afghanistan, where he earned a Combat Infantry Badge for his service, that Cody realized technology “Made the lives of those, who had never seen a computer or used the internet before, much easier.” He brings this compassion and expertise to his role here at Diamond as he helps customers daily with everything from answering basic questions to solving more complex issues. When Cody isn’t home “nerding out” with his wife or playing with his 10 month old son, he enjoys continuing his IT studies so he can help DiamondIT’s clients receive truly dynamic solutions and answers to their everyday issues.
- Established 2015
- Education: – Certificate in Accounting (CPA), UCLA – Extension – BS in Applied Mathematics with a Specialization in Computing, UCLA
- Memberships/Accomplishments: – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Valley Beth Shalom Day School, Board Member and Technology Task Force Chair – Vistage Advisory Board
- Quirky fact: While he is left-handed, David golfs and bats right-handed!
- David on Diamond: “As a consultant, you get exposed to a variety of businesses and leadership styles, but to find that ‘diamond in the rough’ is something special.”
- Wants to be remembered for: Inspiring the next generation of leaders.
David Rice CPA CITP, Chief Operating Officer
As DiamondIT’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), David plays a vital role in overseeing the day-to-day operations with a focus on working closely with the president, Matt Mayo to develop and execute the organization’s strategic plan. With David’s 25 years of tech industry and business consulting experience he easily motivates and aligns personnel with the company’s goals. Before Diamond, David started Profound Advisors to assist small business leaders grow their businesses while focusing on the bottom line. Through his many years of experience as a CEO, COO and technology evangelist, David is able to bring creative solutions by engaging our team, reviewing our industry “Best Practices” and, as a newer member, providing an outside perspective. As if David is not well-rounded and experienced enough, he also currently holds a Certified Public Accountants license in California and is recognized as a Certified Information Technology Professional by the AICPA. David is an inspiration and he, without a doubt, brings a skillset and passion for technology to Diamond that will help us start a new phase of our journey!
- Established 2015
- Interesting hobby: – Member of Z.E.R.T. (Zombie Eradication Response Team)
- Passion: Horseback riding, singing and dancing, photography and pistol shooting!
- Full blown obsessions: Her family – Son, Tyler (11) – Daughter, Kate (10) – Daughter, Addison (8)
- Wants to be remembered for: “For my good heart. I feel like I take pride in being a genuinely good person and always getting along with everyone. I am the type that anyone can come to and I would be there for them.”
Lindsay Blake, Operations Admin
Lindsay Blake joins Diamond with 15 years’ experience in the telecommunications field and is equally excited about technology and helping customers. Her primary function here is answering our clients’ calls and dispatching them to the first available technical staff member. She is the first one to encounter our clients and she always sets the bar high on a positive customer experience. With her prior tech experience and her passion to continue to learn, Lindsay has become an important asset to our company. She truly believes in what all of the employees at Diamond do; which, is cherishing our clients, working hard as a team to provide uncompromised quality and valuing their experiences with our company. Lindsay fits into our company culture here well, as we enjoy working hard but playing harder! Laughter makes any day a good day and she plays right along with us. When she is not working, Lindsay also enjoys lots of family time, volunteering at her church, shooting pistols and horseback riding at a friend’s ranch.
- Established 2017
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Economics with minor in Business Administration, California State University Bakersfield 2010
- Hobbies: Going to the gym. Running. Reading. Attending sporting events and concerts. Traveling.
- Fun Facts: Hula hoop competition 1st place winner. Completed 3 separate half marathons.
- Goal: To be a strong successful woman who made a positive impact.
Erika Spencer, Project Coordinator
Erika joins Diamond with previous experience from a corporate technology company as an Inside Sales Account Manager where she sold products, services, and solutions in the medium business division and thrived in building relationships with her clients. She comes with 13 years of various experience in accounting, banking, sells, and corporate operations. Including a bachelor of science degree in Economics with a minor in Business Administration from California State University Bakersfield. Erika is very organized and is always trying to expand her knowledge. She also enjoys mentoring others. In her spare time she likes traveling, fitness, spending time with family, and playing with her beagles.
- Established 2018
- Passion: Information Technology
- Hobbies: Video Games, Rock Crawling Jeeps/Buggies, Anything that gets my Adrenaline pumping.
- Favorite Music: Old School Hip Hop.
- Bucket List: Travel around the globe in a single trip as the diver, pilot, captain.
- To be remembered as: The IT Mann.
Daniel Mann, Support Engineer
Daniel joins the Diamond team with 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology field. His primary function is supporting customers’ IT environments. He started his career two years earlier than most in a local program referred to as Regional Occupational Program (ROP). His primary focus has been windows based operating systems and has managed both small and medium sized environments throughout his journey. Daniel is always willing to help his co-workers with any questions or advice when requested. Daniel thrives on the challenge of working on products or environments that he hasn’t been exposed to in the past in order to advance his knowledge base and become more versatile then the previous day.
- Established 2018
- Education: B.A. Communications, Minor in Education from University of California, Davis. M.S.A. in progress at California State University of Bakersfield
- Hobbies: Fitness and Nutrition.
- Interests: Learning, Sporting events, the Dallas Cowboys, Music, Concerts, Travelling, Animals.
- To be remembered as: My bold personality and work ethic.
- Volunteer Activities: She was Vice President the “Success Through Educational Mentoring” program, mentor to High school students at Visions Charter
Alisha Pitkanen, Operations Assistant
Alisha joins the Diamond team with eagerness and energy. Her primary function here is answering our clients’ calls and dispatching them to the first available technical staff member. She is one of the first to encounter our clients and she always sets the bar high on a positive customer experience.
- Established 2017
- Hobbies: Gaming, Building PCs, playing guitar and yo-yoing
- Quirky Fact: Used to raise pigs
- Wants to Be Remembered For Always providing a helping hand to others.
Morgan Kaiser, Operations Technician
Morgan joined the DiamondIT team in 2017 as an Operations Technician. He is always willing to help out wherever he is needed whether it be troubleshooting a client’s issue, organizing the warehouse or pulling cable on a job site. When Morgan is not working, he is at home enjoying time with his daughter.
- Established: 2017
- Education: Vocation certification in Computer Tech. and Comptia’s IT Fundamentals
- Passion: My son’s everyday achievements are my greatest passion.
- Hobbies: Building new things, tinkering, and camping.
- • What I want to be remembered for: Supporting and loving my family
- Volunteer Activities: Over 50 Hours serving the community under the mentorship of Garden Pathways
Tommy Stinnett, Support Engineer
My love for tech. was established the first time I took apart an old VCR with my uncle. The excitement of the unknown drove me mad with passion.
I joined DiamondIT around the end of the year 2017 as the first ever intern. Since I have joined the team my diverse skills in IT have expanded dramatically. I love the whole feeling of the client facing and support driven aspect of DiamondIT’s day to day life. I enjoy every moment I work, in most people’s eyes it is work but to me it is a passion.
I spend most of my time outside of work with my Family. I have a son and a fiancée that I cherish. I also spend a lot of time studying or just reading upcoming tech. articles. My downtime involves a lot of camping at our mountain home.
I am a teachable and loving person and bring this to the table every day I come to work.