Change is scary, especially when it pertains to your business. You’ve made the important decision to implement a cloud-based technology solution, but now things seem complicated. How will all the files and emails be accessed? How much down time is expected? What if current applications don’t work properly?
The cloud, when implemented properly, makes everyone’s life easier. But if you rush through the process, or skip any of the 5 vital steps listed below, it can make your work environment cumbersome, and reduce the impact of your exciting investment.
Here are 5 ways to simplify your cloud usability:
- Conduct a Cloud Readiness Assessment – The first step to a successful cloud migration is to determine whether virtualizing your environment to the cloud makes sense. Are all your devices compatible? Will your applications work exactly as intended? Do you have a stable and healthy Internet connection with enough speed and latency? A cloud readiness assessment will provide you with a comprehensive view on your current IT infrastructure and determine whether you are ready to move forward. You can’t know where you are going without first knowing where you are.
- Dig deep and test extensively – Thorough discovery and comprehensive testing are crucial next steps to maximize virtualization compatibility and ensure that processes are properly aligned with business goals. Application and Internet analysis, vendor management and device testing just scratch the surface in terms of needs. You may be able to access your data, but can you print it, scan it and use it effectively? Addressing these things in the discovery phase prevent ongoing challenges through the transition and beyond.
- Schedule smartly – With the right preparation, the cloud migration process can be done with minimal downtime. Try to schedule efficiently, during off hours, on the start of a weekend or over a holiday. Limited interruptions and extra bandwidth help limit the impact on productivity by getting systems back up quickly.
- Conduct pre and post migration training – It’s critical to provide the necessary training for your new cloud environment to keep your business moving forward. New applications or processes, that are simple once understood, can cause serious downtime if your staff aren’t taught how to use them. Setting expectations is just as important in the training process as post migration instruction. An outlined step-by-process presented prior to migration helps answer questions and build confidence for you and your staff.
- Go live with on-site support – With every piece of data and every application in your network crucial to your business success, it is imperative to have live technical support on the day of migration. Equally as important is the availability of ongoing help to answer questions and provide troubleshooting. Here is a great testament to why DiamondIT is the right partner to take your business to the Cloud, providing support every step of the way.
The last step, truly, is to find a strategic IT partner to simplify Cloud usage so you can optimize your investment and be more productive.
At DiamondIT, we are experts at replicating your current environment, so the uncertainty you face becomes more familiar. Not only do we ensure that your migration is safe, secure and complete, but we do our best to provide a similar experience and the familiar functionality that you are used to seeing.
To learn more about using the cloud to its fullest potential and optimizing your return on investment, read more here, email us directly, or call us at (877) 716 – 8324.