It’s Moving Day
Remember the last time you moved? It always feels like you’ll never finish packing and when you actually do, you have that terrible notion that something is left behind, broken mislabeled, and never to be seen again. Moving data and applications from old systems to new often feels the same way, but unlike losing a set of tea cups, you are risking the life of your business. That’s why you need DiamondIT on your side. With DiamondIT, your migration path is safe, secure, and complete.
Why is migration so difficult in the first place?
It’s exciting to roll out a new tool or application for your business, but you need a path to ensure all the information you need from the original system makes its way over to the new. Getting from the old to the new isn’t as simple as snapping your fingers and making it so. Migration can be hard. Why? Here are just a few reasons:
- Data is formatted, encoded, and stored differently between systems.
- Transfer protocols are different and the needs of one system may have absolutely nothing in common with what the other system can provide.
- Each system may have multiple components that must all be interconnected for the migration to be a success.
- Migrating email to the cloud means not just transferring email data, but also content relating to contacts, tasks, rules, and folders.
- Mail clients must be configured on workstations and mobile phones and DNS records must be updated for propagation.
- Recreating file directories and taxonomy can be cumbersome or near-impossible, particularly if the archived data is substantial.
- Risk of business interruption is high, meaning the real cost of migration can be greater than anticipated.
How DiamondIT takes the friction out of migration?
DiamondIT understands and appreciates how important every piece of data and every application in your network is to your business success. We know that downtime, interruption, or lost data can cripple your business. That’s why DiamondIT has spent years working with custom tools to deliver the best possible migration services to organizations all across Central & Southern California. DiamondIT has a wealth of experience with a number of migrations including:
- Moving from IMAP or Exchange to cloud-based solutions like Office 365 and Google Apps for Business.
- Transferring applications and data from legacy servers to next-generation virtualized systems.
- Migrating financial data from Peachtree to QuickBooks online.
- Moving patient records from an old EMR system to a new EMR implementation.
- Transferring the entire file-system from an old workstation to a new employee laptop.
When considering the cost of business interruption if your migration goes poorly, how can you afford to not have the experts on your side? DiamondIT’s experience and expertise mean a successful end result without stress, data loss, security breach, or downtime. Call 877.716.8324 to learn how your next migration can be a success, and how DiamondIT can help your business continue forging ahead to a brighter future.